Audio & Visual Guidelines for R-Con 2023 Presenters
- Presentation computer at tech table equipped with the following:
- Intel i7 processor
- 4GB Ram
- Windows 10
- MS Office 2019,
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Windows Media Player
- Quick Time Player
- Wireless Clicker (for slide advancing and use as screen pointer) at podium
- LCD projector(s) / Projection screen(s)
- Podium/ table microphone(s)
- Audience Q&A microphone(s) (depending on room setup)
- Given PPT format is optional.
- Maximum file size: 50MB
- Presentation file format: PowerPoint files ending in .PPTX
- Stand Alone Video File Format: MP4
- Bring a backup copy of your presentation and video files on a USB drive.
- Check your presentation in the speaker ready area well in time your presentation is your presentation is scheduled
Please arrive at your session meeting room at least 15 minutes before the start of your session. To launch your presentation, simply click your name on the display monitor at the podium. A wireless clicker will be available at the podium for you to control/advance your slides during the presentation (left click advances; right click moves back). The clicker can also be used in lieu of a laser pointer (note: there will be multiple screens in some rooms, in which case laser pointers are ineffective). At the end of your presentation, the display will return to the list of presenters for your session. Speak directly into the podium microphone in a normal voice at a comfortable distance from the microphone. Do not handle the microphone while speaking. Be cognizant of not turning away from the microphone, as the audience then may not hear you speak. If you encounter a problem with your presentation, please notify the technician in your session room.